Free Webinar Sept. 10 on Partnering for Principal Preparation
On Thursday, September 10, AACTE will offer the first free webinar in a series focused on preparing effective principals through collaborations among higher education institutions and school districts. Please register now to join us at 1:00 p.m. Eastern!
The webinar, Principal Pipeline Initiative: Laying the Foundation, is offered with support from the Wallace Foundation as part of its multiyear effort to strengthen the development and support of principals in large urban districts. For this webinar, participating district representatives will be on tap to provide their insights and to engage in discussion with a faculty member from a higher education institution to compare their experiences and to discuss goals and results from the partnership work.
I will serve as moderator for this discussion, which includes the following confirmed speakers:
- Mary B. Martin, Associate Professor of Leadership Development, Winthrop University (SC)
- Douglas W. Anthony, Project Director, Principal Pipeline Initiative, and Executive Director, Office of Talent Development, Prince George’s County Public Schools (MD)
- Tricia McManus, Director of Leadership Development, Hillsborough County Public Schools (FL)
- Kendra Washington-Bass, Director of Leadership Development, Quality Plus Leader Academy, Gwinnett County Public Schools (GA)
- Rodrick Lucero, AACTE Vice President for Member Engagement and Support (introduction)
We invite you and your principal preparation colleagues to join the conversation and bring your questions for the panelists.
The series of free webinars will continue through the fall semester; you can see the full schedule and register here.
Angela Maynard Sewall is emeritus dean of the College of Education and emeritus professor of educational leadership at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. She currently serves as a consultant with AACTE.
Tags: AACTE online resources, events, principal preparation, school-university partnerships, urban education