AACTE Celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week
AACTE joins the National Education Association (NEA) and the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in celebrating terrific teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4-8, and National Teacher Day, May 5.
“Teachers work every day to meet the needs of our students, often in the face of significant challenges,” said AACTE President/CEO Sharon P. Robinson. “We are so grateful for their dedication.”
How can you get involved in the teacher celebration? In addition to thanking a teacher in person or sending a note or gift to school, here are some easy ways to engage on social media:
- Say “thank you” on Twitter using the hashtag #ThankATeacher. You might even win $100 in NEA’s event contest! Consider sharing something special:
- A picture of yourself with your favorite teacher, past or present
- A picture of your child with his or her teacher
- A picture of yourself holding a printed thank-you message to a teacher and a few words about why you’re thanking him or her
- Update your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. You can use “It’s Teacher Appreciation Week! Thank you, [INSERT TEACHER NAME], for making a difference in my life.” Or write your own personal message.
- Submit a blog post this week honoring your favorite teacher to be featured on Ed Prep Matters.
- Join Throwback Thursday, May 7 – Send AACTE a favorite photo of your childhood self with a teacher. We might feature it on our Facebook page!
For more information about National Teacher Day and National Teacher Appreciation Week, visit the NEA web site or the National PTA web site.
Tags: AACTE partner organizations, school-university partnerships