AACTE Celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week
AACTE joins the National Education Association (NEA) and the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) in celebrating terrific teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4-8, and National Teacher Day, May 5.
“Teachers work every day to meet the needs of our students, often in the face of significant challenges,” said AACTE President/CEO Sharon P. Robinson. “We are so grateful for their dedication.”
How can you get involved in the teacher celebration? In addition to thanking a teacher in person or sending a note or gift to school, here are some easy ways to engage on social media:
- Say “thank you” on Twitter using the hashtag #ThankATeacher. You might even win $100 in NEA’s event contest! Consider sharing something special:
- A picture of yourself with your favorite teacher, past or present
- A picture of your child with his or her teacher
- A picture of yourself holding a printed thank-you message to a teacher and a few words about why you’re thanking him or her
- Update your Facebook status to thank a teacher who made a difference in your life. You can use “It’s Teacher Appreciation Week! Thank you, [INSERT TEACHER NAME], for making a difference in my life.” Or write your own personal message.
- Submit a blog post this week honoring your favorite teacher to be featured on Ed Prep Matters.
- Join Throwback Thursday, May 7 – Send AACTE a favorite photo of your childhood self with a teacher. We might feature it on our Facebook page!