Redesigned AACTE Web Site Streamlines Design, Content
I am pleased to announce that today marks the official launch of the redesigned AACTE.org.
In service to our members and the broader educator preparation community, AACTE undertook a major overhaul of its web site over the past year. Last August, many of you responded to our request for feedback on our web site. Based on your thoughtful input, we have transformed our information-sharing platform to be a more useful, supportive asset for our ongoing collaborative work.
In a time when information is almost exclusively created, shared, and accessed electronically, it is important that our electronic information-sharing tools be technologically current, well-designed, and user friendly. This redesign of AACTE.org serves as a smart, relevant electronic business card among power players in the greater education community—and more important, as a go-to resource for members like you.
I think you will appreciate the new features of the redesigned AACTE.org, such as these:
- Responsive web design for optimal use on mobile devices: Almost a third (31.3%) of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Better content strategy paired with sophisticated design: At your request, we’ve updated and reorganized information to be easier to locate.
- Enhanced use of videos to inform visitors about new programs, events, and best practices: Many of you said video webinars and embedded videos are very useful and requested that more be incorporated in the web site.
- Streamlined member login functionality, requiring fewer login prompts and sharing more information publicly: 1 in 3 members said they preferred not to have to log in repeatedly to access members-only information, and 3 and 4 members agreed that most information is beneficial for all educators.
- Homepage carousel featuring top-of-mind announcements and important Calls to Action that are frequently updated: 41% of members requested substantive changes on the home page and wanted it updated more frequently.
Please accept my thanks for your feedback to inform the redesign of AACTE.org. We all benefit when you lend your voice to push the Association to higher levels. I’d also like to thank our Information Technology and Marketing & Communications teams for their dedication in responding to members’ needs with the redesign process.