Apply Now for AACTE Awards
Our awards program recognizes member institutions’ exemplary programs as well as the achievements of individuals who have notably contributed to education preparation.
This year, the former Best Practice Award in Support of Global Diversity will revert to its predecessor components: one award focusing on multicultural education/diversity and another on global/international perspectives. These areas had been combined after the 2006 award cycle, but the AACTE Board of Directors voted last February to honor them separately again in order to provide distinct recognition of key practices.
For 2015, we invite nominations for the following awards:
- Outstanding Book Award (Deadline: June 17)
- Outstanding Dissertation Award (Deadline: August 14)
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology (Deadline: October 10)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global and International Perspectives (Deadline: October 10)
- Best Practice Award in Support of Multicultural Education and Diversity (Deadline: October 10)
- Margaret B. Lindsey Award for Distinguished Research in Teacher Education (Deadline: October 10)
- David G. Imig Award for Distinguished Achievement in Teacher Education (Deadline: October 10)
- Edward C. Pomeroy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Teacher Education (Deadline: October 10)
For most of the awards, programs and individuals can be either self-nominated or nominated by a third party. Winners will be decided by the AACTE standing committees, notified in November, announced publicly in mid-February, and recognized formally at the 2015 Annual Meeting, February 27–March 1 in Atlanta, Georgia.
For more information, please see http://www.aacte.org/professional-development-and-events/awards or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can hardly wait to recognize your outstanding programs and achievements!