Five Tips for Writing a Successful AACTE Annual Meeting Proposal
Each year, AACTE receives approximately 500 session proposals for its Annual Meeting. Given the limited number of spaces available for presentations, less than 50% of proposals are accepted for presentation. Want to make your proposal “stand out” from other proposals received? Here are five tips to help your proposal rise to the top:
- Follow the Format – Reviewers evaluate proposals based on the content and formatting outlined in the Presenter Expectations. Be sure to familiarize yourself with those prior to writing your proposal.
- Make Your Title Clear – The title of your proposal is the first thing a reviewer sees. Choose a title that clearly conveys the area of study encompassed by your proposal.
- Adhere to the Session Type – AACTE offers several different formats for sessions at its Annual Meeting. When submitting a proposal, you will be asked to identify the type of session for which you are applying. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the types of AACTE sessions in advance, and then construct your proposal so that it reflects the format and goals of the session type you choose.
- Identify Your Proposal’s Relevancy – You know your research and work well, but how will AACTE’s Annual Meeting attendees relate to it? Accepted proposals not only expand the knowledge base of the profession but also connect the research to other current issues in the field. Of course, your proposal should also address the specific information requested in AACTE’s official Call for Proposals.
- Engage the Audience – A winning presentation is one that stimulates AACTE’s attendees and encourages participation. Your audience not only should be involved in the learning process but should leave with information or practices that can be applied toward their individual research and development as well.
Think you have a winning idea for a session at AACTE’s Annual Meeting? Be sure to submit your proposal by May 30 for consideration.
Tags: AACTE online resources, events
Vice President, Member Services & Events