Posts Tagged ‘ProEthica’
Did you miss AACTE’s webinar last month on what teacher candidates need to know about the intersection of educator dispositions, ethics, and law? Don’t worry – you can watch the recording at your convenience in AACTE’s Resource Library. You’ll find it, along with the presentation slides, here.
Presenters David Thompson of the University of Texas at San Antonio and Troy Hutchings of the Educational Testing Service opened their presentation with a case study that illustrated the complexity of factors at play not only in teacher-student relationships, but also in teacher-supervisor and other adult interactions. They discussed different frameworks that can guide teachers’ decision making and how teachers might reconcile conflicts between these frameworks to “navigate the gray areas.”
AACTE will host an interactive webinar next week discussing the intersection of educator dispositions, ethics, and law—and how teacher educators can assist their candidates in navigating the broad range of gray areas that they will face as professionals. Please join us!
Please join educators from Georgia in an interactive webinar where they will share how they incorporated professional ethics training and assessments in their curriculum and used the resulting data to inform program improvements.
Preparing Preservice Educators in Ethical Decision Making Using Innovative Strategies
Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
- Anne Marie Fenton, Director, Assessment, Georgia Professional Standards Commission
- Sarah Hallstein, Teacher, Glenwood Primary School, Rome, Georgia
- Edward Hill, Dean and Associate Professor, College of Education, Fort Valley State University
- Troy Hutchings, Senior Strategic Advisor – Educator Ethics, Educational Testing Service
- Jack Parish, Associate Dean, Outreach and Engagement, College of Education, University of Georgia
- Francis Roe, Director of Field Experiences and Clinical Practice, Charter School of Education and Human Sciences, Berry College
- Paul Shaw, Division Director, Ethics, Georgia Professional Standards Commission
Hear from these industry leaders as they walk you through their state’s work, in collaboration with Educational Testing Service, to deploy innovative strategies to prepare their state’s candidates in educator ethics.