Sessions Announced for AACTE Workshop in Minneapolis
Do you need help analyzing evidence from candidates’ performance assessments to inform program improvement? Are you preparing for a CAEP accreditation visit or state program review? Or perhaps you’re looking for new ideas for recruiting and supporting a more diverse candidate pool? Find the guidance you need at AACTE’s Quality Support Workshop, August 10-12 in Minneapolis.
We’ve just posted a detailed schedule for the workshop, including facilitator names and descriptions of session choices, to help you plan your time effectively. Check it out here!
Over the course of 2 days and seven concurrent session blocks, you and your assessment or accreditation team could–
- Dive into your candidates’ edTPA data, receive hands-on support using ResultsAnalyzer, and unpack edTPA rubric constructs related to candidates’ performance on equitable teaching practices.
- Develop a custom plan for integrating “high-leverage practices” in your curriculum, with specific attention to practices assessed through the new NOTE assessment series from TeachingWorks and the Educational Testing Service.
- Get a jump on your CAEP accreditation readiness with step-by-step guidance on preparing for a site visit, engaging stakeholders, and analyzing and presenting evidence for your programs.
- Build your team’s understanding of effective quality assurance systems–and develop (or refine) your own system using multiple measures, valid and reliable evidence, and continuous improvement goals.
- Apply lessons from new research on efforts to diversify the teacher pipeline to your own programs, considering strategies from recruitment to mentorship to financial assistance.
For a recap of last month’s regional workshop in Fort Worth, Texas, click here. We’ll be offering most of the same sessions (only improved, with participants’ feedback) plus some new additions in Minneapolis.
The early-bird registration rates expire May 28, so register before then for the lowest price. Team discounts are also available! See our workshop page for details.
Looking for another Quality Support Workshop? We’ve had to cancel the one planned for November in Seattle, so don’t miss the chance to learn with us in Minneapolis. We do hope to come to other regions in 2018.
We look forward to supporting you!