Secure Your Hotel by May 12 for AACTE’s Washington Week
Are you planning to attend the 2017 AACTE Washington Week next month? Be sure to book your hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, VA, by May 12 to take advantage of AACTE’s group rate, which includes complimentary high-speed Internet in guest rooms and meeting spaces.
Conveniently located near Reagan National Airport, the hotel offers stunning views of the Potomac River and the Washington skyline – an inspirational setting to convene with other teacher educators from across the country under the event’s theme “Diverse Perspectives, Deep Partnerships, One Profession.” The hotel will host all of our Washington Week events before we head to Capitol Hill Wednesday morning.
If you haven’t yet registered for Washington Week, it’s not too late! This annual event features three key components:
- State Leaders Institute, June 4-5 – The heads of state chapters from AACTE and the Association of Teacher Educators meet to discuss state and national policy trends, share advocacy strategies, and build their chapters’ capacity. (Open to chapter leaders/partners only)
- Holmes Summer Policy Institute, June 5 – Participants in the AACTE Holmes Program convene for an inside look into education policy and the work of leading national education organizations. (Open to all AACTE members – learn how your institution can get involved!)
- Day on the Hill: June 6-7 – Learn to advocate for the profession and lend your voice with other AACTE members in meetings with elected officials on Capitol Hill. This year, you can bring nonmember partners to Day on the Hill as well as students, faculty, and others who can speak to the importance of your work.
Year after year, Day on the Hill wins rave reviews as the premier national advocacy event for teacher educators. Over the course of 2 days, you’ll get a chance to –
- Hear the latest updates on policies impacting educator preparation.
- Learn effective strategies and messages to advocate for educator preparation.
- Unite with peers from across the nation to discuss critical issues in the field.
- Build relationships with members of Congress to support your work.
- Spread the word about innovations and advancements in educator preparation.
- Discover how other teacher educators are addressing local policy issues.
- Help lead the national narrative about transformations in educator preparation.
Participants from last year’s Day on the Hill had this to say about the value of attending:
“I would gladly sit through every one of those sessions again. As an inexperienced visitor, they were immensely helpful.”
“This was a very useful and positive experience. [It] provided me increased confidence in reaching out to congressional leaders.”
“All sessions were wonderful, very informative. I especially liked the press panel.”
“This just keeps getting better and better!”
“Well planned and executed.”
When you join us for AACTE’s Washington Week, you’ll find out for yourself why it is a must-attend event! Secure your spot now through our online registration site and remember to make your hotel reservation by 6:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, May 12. Get a 15% discount on your total registration fees by registering for Day on the Hill together with the State Leaders Institute, and receive member discounts for groups from the same institution.