China-U.S. Education Innovation Alliance Marks Launch of Fund for Collaborative Projects
On May 12, AACTE President/CEO Sharon P. Robinson addressed U.S. and Chinese leaders from education, investment, and business sectors in Shenzhen, China, marking the launch of an investment fund of $20 billion for education initiatives by CITICS Securities, the largest brokerage in China. Robinson was invited to speak as cochair of the China-U.S. Education Innovation Alliance, which was created in February 2017 to promote collaboration and exchange opportunities for innovative education programs in both countries.
“Our alliance results from more than 2 years of intense research and discussions to identify unique Chinese and U.S. assets that are ready to be leveraged in order to create new answers to important questions of education practice in both countries,” Robinson noted in her remarks, thanking the Ivy Elite Education Association for its role in convening the group. She also expressed gratitude on behalf of the alliance to CITICS leadership connecting Chinese business and philanthropic interests to global education issues.
In addition to AACTE, the members of the alliance include the following institutions and organizations:
- Ivy Elite Education Association (IEEA)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning, and Equity (SCALE)
- Discovery Education
- Columbia Business School
- The School at Columbia University
- The Chinese Society of Education
- The Chinese Association for Non-Government Education
- Peking University Shenzhen Institutive
- China Financial Centre
- Qinghua University Big Data Investment Centre
- China Mobil Internet Education Industry Alliance
- China Internet Industry Funds
- China Business Alliance
- CITICS Securities Merger and Acquisition Industry Investment Funds Management Co. Ltd.
- First Capital Funds
- China Construction Bank
- Beijing Normal University
- East China Normal University
- South China Normal University
- Shanghai Education Society
The alliance will continue to expand as the collaboration moves forward.
As a member of this alliance and on behalf of its members, AACTE is exploring candidate and faculty exchange programs for immersed cultural experiences to allow individuals from both countries to study, learn, research, consult, and conduct various other mutually beneficial activities. AACTE staff will be engaging the AACTE Committee on Global Diversity to plan and design these programs and engage member institutions in the implementation phase.
Leave a comment
Director of State Affiliate and Partnership Support