Free Data-Use Online Course Starts March 20
AACTE’s enhanced online professional seminars, offered through the Quality Support Center on the FutureLearn social-learning platform, are well under way! More than 5,000 registrants signed up for the first run of our introductory assessment course, which just concluded, and the second course, Using Data to Improve Student Outcomes, opens March 20. (Please note this start date is a change from the original schedule.)
In this free 3-week course, you will discover how to apply data science to deliver better outcomes for students. Led by Linda McKee, AACTE’s senior director for quality support initiatives, you’ll learn to identify a range of data sources, analyze the data, and present your findings, then select indicators and establish actions to achieve continuous improvement.
Each week will focus on a different aspect of data:
Week 1 – Improvement Science
You will consider –
- Different sources and types of data
- Ways to improve student outcomes
- Improvement processes in your own context and professional experience
- Real-world examples of improving student outcomes
Week 2 – Findings
You will discuss –
- How to present and evaluate data effectively
- The difference between data and findings
- The role of ethics in data handling and sharing
- The relationship among data, findings, and actions to achieve continuous improvement
Week 3 – Actions
You will explore –
- Different indicators for measuring improvement
- How to collect sample data and select the appropriate indicator
- How to present indicators and actions to your students
Now is your chance to sharpen your skills in using data for assessment, accreditation, and program improvement in just 3 hours per week.
This free course is the second in a series of six online professional seminars to be offered on the FutureLearn platform. The remaining four courses will roll out later this year, and all will be offered repeatedly and in convenient sequences for those looking to take them as a complete program.
Learn more about “Using Data to Improve Student Outcomes” in our introductory video by lead instructor Linda McKee. We hope you’ll join us!
Click here to learn more and to register.