Dec. 8 Webinar to Highlight Financial Challenges, Solutions for New Educators
Is your educator preparation program doing enough to equip students to manage their finances when they enter the workforce? Money concerns often influence students’ career choices as well as whether a new employee will stay in the profession. As the country grapples with ongoing teacher shortages and declining teacher preparation enrollments, an important part of the solution is helping prospective educators address the particular financial challenges they’ll face.
To assist programs in meeting this goal, AACTE is partnering with The Horace Mann Companies on a series of webinars for teacher educators. The first webinar, “New Educator Financial Wellness: Challenges and Solutions,” will be held Thursday, December 8, at 11:00 a.m. EST.
Presenters will discuss common issues facing new educators, the resulting impact at the school district level, and how your program can help students enter the workforce with confidence. Key aspects of the webinar program include –
- A review of financial issues facing new educational employees, including the challenge of repaying student loans, incurring out-of-pocket expenses for classroom supplies, and making ends meet as an educator.
- A discussion of the resulting impact on employees and their school districts – including recruiting, retention, and morale issues.
- An overview of content and assistance available for AACTE members to help prepare students for entry into the workforce and managing their finances.
- Ideas on how delivery of a financial literacy curriculum can help differentiate your program and encourage students to select education as their field.
I will serve as moderator for the webinar, which will feature the following presenters:
- Carrie Murray, Vice President, The Horace Mann Companies – Murray is actively involved in the company’s efforts to improve educational employee education and financial wellness.
- James Yale, Vice President, The Horace Mann Companies – Yale works to deliver educational programs at the national, state, and local levels working in partnership with administrator, school business official, and teacher organizations.
- Jeff Vose, Regional Superintendent of Schools, Sangamon and Menard Counties, Springfield, IL – Vose will bring a district perspective as well as financial literacy expertise.
To register for this free webinar, click here.
Leave a comment
Vice President for Member Engagement and Support