Call for Proposals: 2015 Fall CAEPCon
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) seeks presentation proposals for its fall “CAEPCon” conference in partnership with AACTE, to be held September 17-19 at the Washington (DC) Hilton Hotel. Proposals must be submitted online by Sunday, May 24.
Session proposals should address one or more of the following topics:
- Preparation of candidates to develop discipline-specific practices and facilitate PK-12 students’ achievement of college- and career-ready standards
- Mutually beneficial clinical conditions that facilitate development and demonstration of candidate effectiveness
- Connecting candidate selection and progression factors to effectiveness in the field
- Strategies for tracking and assessing completer preparation and effectiveness
- As a profession, how do we participate in the transformation that is occurring in higher education – from accountability to accreditation to performance-based funding?
- Data quality, data literacy, and data use in program improvement
- Scholarly use of accreditation data and educator preparation research to inform the field
Presenters will be notified of their successful proposals during the week of June 8.
Registration for the conference is also open online, with an early-bird discount in effect through July 18.
Leave a comment
Director of Member Engagement, AACTE