Apply by August 14 for AACTE’s Dissertation Award
It’s time to showcase outstanding doctoral dissertation research in educator preparation! Applications for AACTE’s 2015 Outstanding Dissertation Award are due Thursday, August 14.
The award recognizes excellence in doctoral dissertation research (or its equivalent) that contributes to the knowledge base of educator preparation or of teaching and learning with implications for educator preparation. Individuals earning a doctorate in education from January 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014, are eligible for the award. The winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize and special recognition at AACTE’s 67th Annual Meeting in Atlanta, February 27 – March 1, 2015.
Recent winners include
- 2014 – Chezare Warren, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 2013 – Amanda Morales, Kansas State University, and Miriam Lipsky, University of Miami
- 2011 – Vera Stenhouse, Emory University
- 2010 – Winifred R. Cohron, University of Louisville and Western Kentucky University
- 2009 – William C. Reed, Old Dominion University
Learn more about this prestigious opportunity here.
AACTE is also seeking nominations by for its 2015 Best Practice Awards and Professional Achievement Awards. The deadline for entries is Friday, October 10. See descriptions, selection criteria, and other details here.
Leave a comment
Board Liaison and Special Projects Coordinator, AACTE